Thursday 11 April 2013

My Work - Winter Blanket Completed!

Finally Finished my Winter Blanket Project! It was meant for a double bed but somehow it also fits on a queen bed with the edition of the border ^^ It would look good on either size. I have the start of my pillow project in the background to make a decorative back pillow with a brown and blue border... maybe some mini snowflake border.

 Here is the final center piece for the cover after a lot of animals made and trial and error... have some snowflakes and dear and two birds...I actually have white and blue parakeets so these were made to look like them ^^ Also I made a pile of snow at the base under the dear which is fluffy... So there is my 3d applique section of the blanket
 This shows the snowflake border... :)
 There is a close up of the start of the pillow... some snowflaky wintery kind of design... when I finish the pillows I'll post them :)
Final thoughts... this was a great project... I learned a lot from all sorts of stitching and reading symbol patterns because I did so many different kinds of squares and even designed some of my own... it was really fun and worth it... took a long time and a lot of yarn... but it will be forever~ ^^ 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I am just looking around for thread patterns and stumbled on your site. Great job! Love your posts! Love your projects as well. Thanks for putting up the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I am just looking around for thread patterns and stumbled on your site. Great job! Love your posts! Love your projects as well. Thanks for putting up the patterns!

    ReplyDelete